Project Health MOVES is a MA statewide mobile health van program staffed by an experienced team of nurses and health educators who bring comprehensive services to you – right in your own community. We offer an on site lab and staff can help you find a doctor, obtain health insurance and other benefits, connect you with substance abuse and/or mental health services including safe syringe disposal, provide referrals to domestic violence programs, and assistance with housing/homelessness prevention. Staff speak English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Project Health MOVES services include:
- Prevention education and information on HIV, STIs and viral hepatitis
- Individualized risk assessment and risk reduction counseling
- HIV testing – we offer the fingerstick HIV rapid test, HIV OMT oral swab test and HIV antibody blood test
- Sexually transmitted disease (STI) – we can screen you for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis
- Viral hepatitis C screening – we can determine if you have been exposed to hepatitis C
- Immunizations for viral hepatitis A, viral hepatitis B, Twinrx (combined viral hepatitis A & B vaccine), Tetanus/Diptheria (Tdap), Community Acquired Pneumonia (Pneumovax), HPV (Gardisil) and Flu (seasonal + H1N1)
- Supported referrals to meet your needs
- All services are free and confidential
If you would like to bring Project Health MOVES to your community or have us participate in your event, please call Susana Medeiros, Administrative Director, at or email and we would be happy to discuss options with you.